Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Camera Shy

I've been using trail cameras for about 4 years and have captured many great shots. I have pictures of some magnificent bucks. I have quite a few of does and young bucks also. Although I've placed my cameras in some great locations, I have yet to catch the buck I'm really after in any of my shots. 2 years ago we found a shed antler that carried 6 points on one side. This year I've found a rub on a tree that is 28 to 30 inches in diameter. I catch some big body pictures with the head gear hidden or turned the wrong way. It is like the bucks can sense the reason for the camera or they are just camera shy. I wonder why some bucks look as if they are posing for the camera and others are always hiding. I guess it is the same reason that some bucks are like ghost that people never see, while others are seen regularly. I guess if we had all the reasons answered for us we would be bored with chasing these beautiful animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment