Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thinking Small

As my deer season has past I start planning for next season. My plans for next year has differant green fields with winter seeds. I'm going to try a Austrian winter peas,winter rye,and winter wheat mix for fields during hunting season. For spring and fall I am planning to plant turnips, butternut squash, pumkins, and maybe corn. Along with these I am planning for more tree stands.
That way of thinking is what most of us do after every deer season comes to an end. But I have added a new way of thinking for next year, after a friend told me about a big buck that keeps crossing a road. I pulled that area up on a map with ariel photos and found a small field next to a creek maybe with only about 5 acres at the most. I am able to walk property next to that field and saw some huge tracks and 2 rubs back toward that field. I started thinking small because I want to hunt that small piece of property. Now I just need to get permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment